“I can’t work on my Acer laptop because it always works. When I want to do something, and the laptop gets stuck or stuck, it frustrates me. Even on simple word files, it gets stuck, and I have to wait a minute to get it back. I want to do a factory reset on my Acer laptop, but I can’t remember my password. Looking for ways to how to reset Acer laptop to factory settings without password.“
Is this sound familiar? Have you ever been in a situation where your Acer laptop works and you want to do a factory reset, but you don’t know the password? There may be other reasons to restore the factory configuration of your Acer laptop computer, reminiscent of you wish to promote it, you want to clear it, or you want to ignore the forgotten password of the Acer laptop. The situation can be frustrating, and most users do not know how to reset Acer laptops in factory settings without a password effectively.
In this informative article, we’re going to clarify three simple ways to factory reset Acer laptop without a password. One of the three methods is the most effective. You can keep reading to find out how to reset Acer laptop to factory settings.
Read More: Best Laptops For MBA Students
10 Easy Steps for Windows 7/8 / 8.1 to Reset Acer Laptop from Installation or Repair Disk
- Insert the installation or repair disc into your laptop, select the boot menu, and go to the boot option with Windows.
- Windows will be set up on your screen. Click Next to proceed.
- You will give two options here. In the center “Install Windows” or “Repair your computer”.
- Select/click “Repair your computer” on the left.
- Click “Troubleshoot” on the next window.
- Once you’re done, click “Reset this PC” on the next screen.
- Click “Remove Everything” on the following screen.
- Choose a target operating system; Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10.
- Select the drive where you have already installed Windows.
- You will be given two options here, “Just delete my file” and “Full Clean Drive”.
Select one of the options, and here you go to “Click Reset” at the bottom right.
Read More: Best Laptops For ArcGIS & GIS
Here’s another method about “ how to reset Acer laptop to factory settings without password “
Factory reset Acer laptop computer with Alt+F10 without disk.
This is the primary methodology that guides you on learning how to restore an Acer laptop computer in manufacturing unit settings without SD. This methodology applies to methods that ship from Windows 10, 8.1, and eight. You might want to boot up the laptop computer earlier than performing this restoration process. This is an easy way because it requires you to boot your Acer laptop to restore it to factory settings.
Note: This methodology solely applies to Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8.
Acer laptop steps to reset the factory to “ALT” + “F10”.
Follow these steps:
Step 1. Press and maintain the facility key for about 5 seconds to show off the system entirely.
Step 2. Turn on the Acer laptop computer by urgent the facility button. Press the “Alt” + “F10” keys simultaneously on the appearance of the Acer logo on the screen.
Step 3. Click “Choose an Option”.
Step 4. Select “Troubleshoot”.
Step 5. Click “Reset this PC”. The process erases all data on your computer. If you want to keep your data, click on the Refresh your PC option.
Step 6. Click on “Remove everything”.
Step 7. Click “Resume” to start data recovery.
Step 8. Wait for the reset process to complete. This may take a few minutes. Finally, you will reset the Acer laptop without a password using the “ALT” + “F10” key.
Why is ALT + F10 not working?
The Acer Alt + F10 does not work when the laptop is already running the system. If you’ve formatted or deleted the restoration distribution, the Alt + F10 Acer recovery system will not work.
The hotkey will stop working when you reinstall Windows. Rely on all hotkey drives. If customers have reinstalled the system, the drive can even be deleted, of course, the hotkey will not work.
Changes to boot sizes, all of these minor changes will prevent the Acer Alt + F10 from working.
And in some cases, you can enter the recovery interface, and run the built-in recovery program, but, while running it, the program will cause an Acer recovery error “C drive or the size of the recovery partition Changed “It can. It also affects the recovery process.
Read More: How To Make Overwatch Run Better on Laptop
Here another method: how to reset Acer laptop to factory settings without password.
Turn off your Acer laptop.
- Start your Acer laptop and press the ALT and F10 keys as soon as the Acer logo appears on the screen.
- After a while, you will boot into the multi-option screen.
- Select the “Troubleshooting” option.
- (Reset this PC) Click (on Windows 10)
- Select the “Remove Everything” choice.
- Your laptop computer can reset, then click on the “Restart” button to start the reset course.
- This will take some time, so wait for the reset process.
- When the reset process is complete, follow the on-screen instructions to configure your Acer laptop.
- If you have not set a password on your consumer account, you can press the “Shift” key and go to the Troubleshooting screen by clicking the “Resume” button on the Startup screen where you can set a password.
Read More: Why is My Laptop Fan So Loud? 5 Pro Tips
How can a laptop reset process be done quickly?
If your laptop goes off during the recovery process, it could potentially cause serious problems. The issues are:
- Your laptop/computer will not be able to boot regularly.
- This recovery can risk data loss in the partition.
Make sure the laptop is not turned off. Plug your laptop into the charger before starting the recovery. Once you begin the recovery process, don’t try to leave the recovery utility or force the laptop off.
FAQs (How to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings Without Password?)
How do I unlock my Acer laptop if I forgot the password?
Why is my computer stuck on the login screen?
Does a factory reset delete everything?
We’ve discussed three ways about how to reset Acer laptop to factory settings without password. All methods are commonly used and have advantages and disadvantages. Some of these do not guarantee a successful factory reset on Acer laptops, however, resetting them via Windows password reset is quite efficient and comfortable.
This methodology is simple, and there’s no technical information to make use of it. You’ll download it straight away, launch the tool, follow a few simple steps, and reset your Acer laptop to factory settings without a password.