How to remove Computrace from a laptop? Today, Computer theft is a long way from the days of security padlocks and security wires. Computers are a Computrace module mounted on a computer’s motherboard. It works independently of the computer to send a GPS signal indicating its location. Enabling this feature is a permanent option to add even more security to your computing devices.
Read More: 10 Best Laptops For FL Studio
Not every computer comes with Computrace, but at the same time, this feature is disabled in the necessary input and output system of the computer. From within the computer’s BIOS menu, enable or disable computers permanently – but make a note that once you change the setting, you can’t change it back.
POTENTIAL HASSLE WHEN YOU UNINSTALL COMPUTRACE LAJOCK FOR LAPTOP PREMIUM
- Laptop Premium is not listed in the Computrace LoJack program and features.
- You do not have enough access to install Uninstall Computrace LoJack.
- The file required to complete this installation could not run.
- An error has occurred when not all files are successfully installed.
- Another process that uses the file is to prevent the computer premium from being installed on the laptop premium.
- Files & folders of Computrace LoJack found on the hard disk after installation.
Step By Step Guide to How to remove Computrace from a laptop
If you are using a laptop, turn off your computer by holding down the “Power” button on the computer tower or at the top of the keyboard bezel.
Turn on the computer and wait for the computer developer’s logo to appear on the screen. When it occurs, press the BIOS access key that appears on the screen to enter the BIOS menu. BIOS keys vary among computer makers, but pressing the “Dell” or “F2” key usually activates the BIOS menu (see Resources)
Select the “Security” tab in the BIOS main menu using the arrow keys, as you cannot use a computer mouse. Here you will see three computer options. The “Inactive” option is more likely to be already selected.
Select the “Disable” option and press “Enter” on the keyboard to permanently disable computers on the computer. Once the computer module is disabled, you will not be able to reactivate it. Press “Enter” again to confirm the “Inactive” selection.
Press the “F10” key to save the new BIOS settings, and the computer will reboot into the computer’s operating system.
Here’s Another Method About How to remove Computrace from a laptop
Method 1: Un-Install Computrace LoJack through programs.
#1. Open programs & features
In Windows 8, 8.1 & Windows 10. Hold Windows and X keys together, open the One X menu, and click Programs and Features.
#2. Find Computrace LoJack for Laptop Premium in the list, click on it and then click Uninstall to start this uninstall.
Method 2: Uninstall Computrace LoJack with its uninstaller.exe.
Most laptop computers have an executable file called uninst000.exe or uninstall.exe. You can find these files in the Installation Folder of Computrace LoJack for Laptop Premium.
Read More: 11 Best Laptops For Cyber Security
- For Laptop Premium, go to the Installation folder of Computrace LoJack.
- Install them. X or unins000.exe.
- Double click on its uninstaller file & follow the steps of the wizard to Uninstall Computrace LoJack.
Method 3: Uninstall Computrace LoJack via System Restore.
System Restore function is a utility option that comes with the Windows operating system and helps computer users restore the system to its original state and remove programs that interfere with computer work. Suppose you have set up a system restore point before installing a plan. In that case, you can use System Restore to repair your system and eliminate unwanted programs such as Computrace LoJack. It would be best to backed-up all of your essential files & data before restoring the system.
- Close all open files and programs.
- On the laptop, right-click on My Computer & select Properties. The system window will appear.
- Click on the System Protection that is available on the left side of the System window. The System Properties window appears.
- Click on the System Restore Option, and the system Restore windows dialog box will appear on your laptop screen.
- Select a different recovery point & click Next.
- Select a date & time format from the list & then click Next. It would be best if you reminded that not all programs and drivers installed after the selected date and time might work properly and may need to be reinstalled.
- Please click Finish when your “Confirm Restore Point” window appears.
- Click Yes to confirm again.
Method 4: Reinstall Computer Jack to Un-install Laptop Premium.
This program will not uninstall when the file required to uninstall Computer Jack for Laptop Premium is corrupted or missing. In such cases, reinstalling the Computer Jack for Laptop Premium may be the trick. Run the installer on either the original disk or the downloaded file to reinstall the program. Sometimes, the installer also allows you to repair or install the program.
How to remove Computrace from a laptop In Dell Latitude
To access the BIOS, you can disable Computrace by starting the Computrace and tapping the F2. Go to the Security screen once in the BIOS. You will see where to disable the Computrace.
This field allows you to enable or disable the BIOS module interface of optional Computrace software. Settings are Deactivate, Disable, and Activate.
Absolute Software’s Computrace Agent is a service solution that helps track assets and provides recovery services in a Computrace being lost or stolen. Computrace® Agent interacts with programmed intervals to provide absolute software for monitoring server tracking service.
Read More: How To Enter BIOS On Acer Laptop?
By activating the service, you agree to the Computrace and virtual software monitoring server and transmit information. The Computrace® service has been purchased as an option, and the monitoring server will enable its agent security module through the BIOS interface. Computrace and Absolute Solutions are registered trademarks of the Corporation.
FAQS (How to remove Computrace from a laptop?)
Should I disable Computrace?
How do I find Computrace on my computer?
Does replacing BIOS chips remove Computrace?
Can a Dell laptop be tracked if stolen?
I know that this is a bit confusing & difficult to solve, “How to remove Computrace from a laptop.” But I am tried my best to solve your problem. Please read the above article carefully we hope you understand and solve your problem. If you have any query related to this article or have some better solution to this question, give us your recommendation in our comments section below.