Last updated on May 9th, 2021 at 01:07 pm
Laptops have two types of batteries.
- COMOS Battery
- Power Laptop Battery
The CMOS battery is your power source for the computer’s flash memory. A CMOS battery stores and maintains BIOS settings in the absence of electricity. Your CMOS battery is mounted on your motherboard, just like a regular watch battery is. If you need to remove your CMOS battery, you’ll need a screwdriver to do it, and it will take about ten minutes to do.
Table of Contents
How to Remove Battery From Acer Laptop [Step by Step Guide]
Step 1: Turn off your device and disconnect the power cable.
Step 2: Remove the two screws that protect the side of the case.
Step 3: Find your motherboard and examine it. The CMOS battery will be in the same position as a large watch battery, but it will be much more challenging to remove because it is on the motherboard and larger.
Step 4: Gently pull the battery-free using your fingers, as seen here
How to Fix an Acer Aspire Battery That Does Not Last Long
Acer computers and netbooks use Lithium-ion batteries. A laptop’s lithium-ion Battery contains a built-in processor which automatically calculates the charge remaining, and Windows-to-lithium-ion battery level calculation translates that into you. Often, the Battery reports false values, which can result in it stopping charging or dying unexpectedly. It can be fixed by “calibration,” which drains and refills the Battery completely.
- Shut down the Aspire.
- Inject the AC power adapter.
- To begin charging the Battery, wait until the LED light turns solid blue.
- Start your Acer Aspire
- Leave the AC adapter unplugged.
- To activate the battery options, click the battery icon in the device tray.
- Click the radio button if it isn’t already marked as “High Performance.”
- Select “Change When the Computer Sleep” on the left pane to make it change while the computer is in sleep mode.
- When each item in the “Battery” column is selected, use the drop-down box to remove it from the selection. Save your modifications.
- Click Start Button & type “cmd” without quotation marks.
- To get “cmd.exe” to run as an administrator, right-click the results, pick “Run as administrator,” and then enter your username and password.
- Type in the following line and click the ‘Enter‘: ( powercfg.exe /hibernate off )
- Allow the Battery to drain fully.
- Enable the Battery to charge, plug in the AC adapter, and let it run to completion.
Bonus: How to remove the Battery from Apple Laptop
- Please turn off your Apple Book & unplug it into the charger.
- Close the lid of your laptop.
- Flip your Apple Book upside down.
- Then search for an unlocking slot on the front right side of your laptop.
- You can use a coin to turn it to unlocked.
- Press a grey button, 1-4 light will turn on.
- Rearrange the Battery and slide the card out.
FAQs ― How to Remove Battery From Acer Laptop
How do I take the Battery out of my Acer laptop?
Use a PH0 screwdriver to remove the two 4mm screws. Use a soft plastic utilization tool to depress the battery tabs. Use a metal spudger to disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard. To take out the plug, remove it from the laptop, and then gently pull it out.
Is there a reset button on my Acer laptop?
Press and hold the “Alt” and “F10” keys simultaneously until the Acer logo appears on the keyboard. Think of these keys as the Acer One is pressed repeatedly; this resets it every time.
Can I use laptop without Battery?
Yes, it is possible to use laptop without Battery, Butensure you are using the original power adapter that came with the Acer laptop, not a different power supply or one with a different voltage. If the power varied too much, parts on the motherboard could fail, and the Battery would take care of that.
How do you force restart an Acer laptop?
1) To restart the machine, press and hold the power button for five seconds. It would help if you were assured that the machine would turn off. No light should be illuminating the on or close the on/off switch. Lights still on? Pull the power cable out of the laptop, and you’ll immediately power down.
2) Let it wait for thirty seconds.
3) Relaunch the system and press the ‘OK‘ to restart the computer.