Nvidia’s GeForce Shadowplay enables recording games on your PC incredibly easily. Moreover, it records those important moments which could ignore between each recording.
Although it is intended to capture gameplay, it may also use it to record stuff on your desktop. Today, I will explain to you How to Record Desktop With Shadowplay on Laptop?
First, it’s crucial to notice that you need a minimum of 600 graphics cards to record your desktop using Shadowplay. If you record on a notebook, you need to have a 660M graphics card at least.
You will be unable to record a desktop on it if you have a laptop/notebook with switchable graphics. Here’s How to Record Desktop With Shadowplay on Laptop?
Nvidia ShadowPlay is a hardware-accelerated screen capture program for Windows PCs running GeForce GPUs, produced by Nvidia as part of its GeForce Experience software. It can be programmed to record a time back to save the video continually retroactively. It is supported for any or more cards of the Nvidia GTX 600 series.
It can employ two capturing methods: NVFBC and Inband Frame Readback (NVIFR). The full-screen NVFBC is used. NVIFR enables capturing a single window rather than the entire frame buffer. However, this affects the performance.
Once It catches a frame, it encodes it with a special H.264 accelerated H.264 video encoder, which captures up to 4K at 130 Mbit/s, which does not influence the remaining system performance. It set the bitrate manually, and the available ranges depend on the resolution of the screen.
Nvidia ShadowPlay was spun out of the Nvidia Share, designed for the Nvidia Shield, a hardware-accelerated screen recording tool. Nvidia Share was due to be released simultaneously with Nvidia Shield (June 2013), but it was delayed and released in the summer of 2013 but delayed.
On September 20, a representative of the Nvidia Forum submitted a thread to the GeForce forums explaining that the product was delayed due to video format problems. It was launched as a public beta on the 331.65 drivers on October 28, 2013.
Nvidia’s ShadowPlay can perform up and down depending on the settings of your PC. But it’s free, quick to use, and can be straightforwardly recorded, taken in the last few action-packed minutes of your game or streamed on Twitch.
Use Of Shadowplay With AMD
AMD uses a ShadowPlay-like overlay system to capture screenshots and videos, including desktop and non-game programs. ReLive likewise sets the same default hotkey as ShadowPlay — Alt-Z — but interface adjustments are possible.
Shadowplay Without Nvidia
No, all of them utilize separate APIs, Nvidia, AMD, and Intel. The good news is that they all encode hardware. It has NVENC, Advanced Media Framework for AMD, and QuickSync for Intel. All three can benefit from decent capture software like OBS.
Shadowplay and FPS?
The tested program will decrease its performance by 100 percent. Therefore the lower the percentage, the greater the framerate. NVidia’s ShadowPlay keeps virtually 100 percent of the NVidia GTX 780 Ti’s performance.
How to Enable Shadowplay on Laptop?
Nvidia Shadow The latest Nvidia Graphics Card grabbing program is now one of the greatest video recording applications. It is because of itss ability to record the game without greatly stressing the processor or the graphics card.
Unfortunately, you can only utilize it on a graphics card without having such high-power laptop graphics cards as the GTX series. Even if most of the laptop GPUs can handle this kind of thing.
- Driver Nvidia
- Nvidia Geforce’s latest experience
- Nvidia Windows Operating System Graphic Card
- You must first find the following folder Nvidia Geforce Experience, found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\GFExperience.exe file.
- Find the exes and then make a shortcut, warn and build a shortcut on the desktop.
- Right-click on the shortcut, select Properties, find the target in the shortcut tab, add “-shadowplay,” and hit ok.
- Open the shortcut each time you open Nvidia Shadowplay. Now, on your laptop, you can utilise Nvidia Shadowplay.
How to Record Desktop With Shadowplay on Laptop?
- Open Experience in Geforce. It should be automatically available in your user preferences, but it should be revealed if it is not a basic search.
- Once it is opened, browse the Geforce Experience game overlay by clicking the triangular icon or pressing Alt+Z.
- Click on the configuration icon that looks like a cog. You may need to switch off instant replay to access options.
- Navigate to “Control of Privacy”
- Then select “Yes” to permit the capture of the desktop.
- Turn on instant playback, and you should see the round icon in your screen’s corner presently. If not, try restarting your computer and then the icon should show.
- Once the indicator is displayed, you will know when Shadowplay is ready to record.
- Tap Alt+F9 or whatever binding you have specified to record your desktop.
- And there’s everything to it! You may record bright and crisp photographs of your desktop or notebook by following the simple guidelines in this video.
Streaming With Shadowplay
You automatically start the stream by clicking the stream button in OBS Studio, OBS Streamlabs or NVIDIA Shadowplay. You may then visit your dashboard to monitor your stream and performance on your streaming platform.
FAQs – How to Record Desktop With Shadowplay on Laptop?
How Do I Record a Video on My Computer?
To take a basic screenshot, click the camera icon or press the Start Capture button to capture your screen activity. You can also simply press Win + Alt + R to start your recording instead of going through the Game Bar pane.
Can You Record Your Screen With Geforce Experience?
You can accomplish it with GeForce Experience if you want to record your gameplay manually. Just pick the GeForce Experience recording option, and you may start recording. You may stream your gameplay on Facebook, Twitch or YouTube.
How Do I Pull Up Nvidia Overlay?
Just use the hotkey “Alt+Z” or the Share symbol to access the powerful features you like and know. With this overlay, you can quickly tap into the potential of GeForce Experience to record 60FPS with up to 4K for full-screen and window mode.
Knowing How to Record Desktop With Shadowplay on Laptop? It will help you a lot. If ShadowPlay does not record the desktop screen, you may wish to check out NVIDIA confidentiality. To remedy it, run ShadowPlay, turn to “Settings,” pick “General”, and click the “Share” toggle. You only have to make sure it’s turned on.