Last updated on May 9th, 2021 at 11:23 am
Hey, Do you wish to learn How to Play Music From Phone to Laptop Windows 10 without downloading software from third parties? Windows 10 released one of the most useful features in May 2020, which helps you do precisely that. Simply put, you can pair your smartphone to your PC with Bluetooth and stream your songs and audio files to your device.
Another worth noting is that you can stream audio playback from your browser, YouTube, or the default music player on your tablet. You receive the output through the speakers of your PC or your headphones.
The capabilities for this feature are called Bluetooth A2DP Sink. This function was previously included in Windows 7 and has been disabled in Windows 8. In another of the May 2020 posts, Microsoft verified the update that you can configure Windows PC as a Bluetooth speaker.
How to Play Music From Phone To Laptop Windows 10
Just follow these easy steps:
- Open Settings in window 10.
- Now click on the Devices.
- Click on the Bluetooth & other devices in the left sidebar of your window screen.
- Set the toggle switch button to On.
- To “add a new device,” then click on add Bluetooth or other devices.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Choose the “device” option from the list.
You will need to enter a PIN for specific Bluetooth devices to validate pairing, but once it’s finished, you are all set. A Bluetooth speaker connects as headphones, and now the default audio quality should be installed and paired with your PC.
The last Windows 10 update enables users to quickly verify this by clicking the speaker icon in the lower-right corner near the clock. Clicking on this shows the current audio quality, and the ^ icon opens all your available options if you need to change in a hurry.
If you try to do this on your PC, but you don’t have Bluetooth integrated, everything isn’t lost. You can still pick up a USB dongle that inexpensively adds to your device. Or, if you’re molded to update internals, there are also Wi-Fi cards with Bluetooth integrated.
How to configure Windows 10 PC as a Bluetooth Speaker
Follow this step-by-step process to combine your mobile phone with your computer and transform your Windows 10 into a Bluetooth speaker:
- Install the most recent update. If the update is already enabled on your PC, the next move would be possible. If not, you can use Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update to go to your Windows Update, and click Search for the updates. If you can’t get it, since it isn’t open to all PCs by Microsoft, you can manually get it from HERE.
- Activate Bluetooth on your PC and your mobile. Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices to allow your PC.
- Then click Add Bluetooth or another computer and click Bluetooth.
- Now you can see your smartphone identified in Bluetooth-enabled devices. Select and follow the instructions for pairing your phone with your PC.
- The Bluetooth and other devices page should now show your phone.
- The next move is to download and install Microsoft’s Bluetooth Audio Receiver. It is a free application that can be installed with one click. Download it from HERE.
- In the Bluetooth audio receiver app, pick your computer and press Open Link. You can now directly stream your music from your phone to your PC.
Please notice that with this feature, you cannot receive or make calls from now on. In future releases, it will appear. You can now enjoy this fun feature and use the audio capabilities of your PC from your phone.
Steps To Play Music Through Bluetooth Via Window Media Player
- Open “Windows Media Player“
- Turn to view libraries. Then click on the Organize drop-down menu, select Manage Libraries and select Audio, Bilder, or Images.
- A Locations Library window opens in which other files can be added by simply clicking the Add button and browsing the folders.
- Now Press Stream automatically allows devices to play my media by clicking on “Windows Media Stream is not turned on.” If a media streaming error is encountered, click “Windows Service Administrative tool” to “windows media player network sharing service.”
- Connect Android via Bluetooth. Connect your Android.
Hopefully, this guide on “How to Play Music From Phone to Laptop Windows 10” will be helpful.