Today, I’ll demonstrate how to open hp 15 laptop, also known as the G5 Notebook. There are several of these styles.
To those who are new to this method, I will walk you through the disassembly of the notebook base first. The second element is disassembly.
Since the original HP laptop PCs had several different configurations, there are numerous HP 15 Notebook laptop flavors and configurations. These instructions can be used for either the following models:
HP 15-ac series
15-ac020nr, 15-ac163nr, 15-ac177cl, 15-ac113cl, 15-ac120nr, 15-ac143wm, 15-ac147cl, 15-ac151dx, 15-ac157cl, 15-ac158dx, 15-ac161nr, 15-ac183tu, 15-ac185nr 15-ac121dx, 15-ac130ds, 15-ac136ds, 15-ac137cl, 15-ac143dx,
HP 15-af series
15-af015nr, 15-af087nw, 15-af131dx, 15-af135nr, 15-af139ca, 15-af141dx, 15-af093ng, 15-af112nr, 15-af113cl, 15-af123cl, 15-af127ca, 15-af152n, 15-af175nr
HP 15-ay series
15-ay009dx, 15-ay011nr, 15-ay013nr, 15-ay018nr, 15-ay020ds, 15-ay039wm, 15-ay122cl, 15-ay145nr, 15-ay163nr, 15-ay196nr, 15-ay173dx, 15-ay177cl, 15-ay191ms, 15-ay196nr, 15-ay041wm, 15-ay065nr, 15-ay067nr, 15-ay068ca, 15-ay068nr, 15-ay078nr, 15-ay103dx,
HP 15-ba series
15-ba009dx, 15-ba015wm, 15-ba057cl, 15-ba067cl, 15-ba079dx, 15-ba018wm, 15-ba039au, 15-ba044au, 15-ba053nr, 15-ba088nr, 15-ba113cl, 15-ba043wm
How To Open HP 15 Laptop Base Model (Step by Step Guide)
- The procedure for disassembling every electronic device begins with removing the battery. In addition, batteries for this equipment are available
- The CD/DVD drive should be unsecured before disassembly. The DVD drive should be removed.
Dismantle the bottom scenario.
- To solve the problem, simply remove the bottom screw from the case. Find all of the screws that were not visible when you assembled the notebook.
- The best way to remove the palm rest from the bottom case is to use a plastic case opener.
- Rotate the laptop 180 degrees and pull the bottom plate off.
- Use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the three screws that are holding the hard drive bracket to the case.
- Remove the hard drive cable (a yellow-colored one) from the motherboard (exhausted hard drive warning).
- Okay Next, Unlock the connector and release the cable.
- Allow the locking tab to be carefully raised to release the cable
- The cable should be pulled out of the connector.
- Open the laptop and remove the hard drive assembly.
- Normal hard drives are unsuitable for storage devices. I suggest upgrading the standard drive to a 2.5″ SATA solid-state drive for better performance.
- If the hard drive or SSD is about to fail, replace it with a new one instead. You’ll have to move the bracket and the SATA cable to the new drive as well.
- You can install up to two memory modules on the HP 15 notebook motherboard. You must remove all RAM modules.
- Loosing the screw will fix the USB LED status board. Unplug the power cord from the motherboard.
- Remove the USB LED status board.
- Remove the optical DVD drive’s screw that holds it in place Unplug the power cord from the motherboard.
- For ease of access, disconnect the optical drive board.
- Remove the optical DVD drive’s screw that holds it in place & Unplug the power cord from the motherboard.
- For ease of access, disconnect the optical drive board.
- Take out two screws from the case that secure the cooling fan.
- Disconnect the motherboard power cable from the power supply.
- Remove the cooling fan. The fan part number: 813946-001.
- With the DC power jack at the hinge in HP 15 notebooks, battery removal and reinsertion is less difficult. Let’s remove it.
- Disconnect the wireless network cable or Ethernet interface from the Wi-Fi card.
- Ensure that the motherboard power switch connector is disconnected from the DC power port from the motherboard.
- Make sure all the cables are away from the monitor and then take out two screws from the display hinge.
- Open up the hinge and remove the DC power jack.
- On the right-hand side of the laptop, the power button is located in the same place.
- Remove the screw and unplug the motherboard cable from the unit.
- Start peeling off the cable from the case and remove the button board, if you want to preserve the button.
- Remove the screw on the side of the slot and gently take the card out
- Just five screws are needed to remove the motherboard from the case.
- (Unplug the keyboard, touchpad, and speaker cables).
- If you have the motherboard separated from the case, you can remove it.
- Most HP notebook PCs come with a keyboard riveted to the top of the case and don’t come apart like some of the other models.
- Replacement of the case would only be required if the keyboard stops working.
- The board that controls the touchpad is attached but it can be detached.
HP 15 notebook PC LCD screen removal.
This sequence is not based on the first sequence. You can take off the display panel, but make sure to remove the battery before you start disassembling it.
Initiate the separation of the monitor from the rear casing. Use a wiggling motion to remove the bezel from the case. Move around the whole display, starting from the top and going down.
For securing the LCD screen to the bezel, use adhesive tape on the rim. Lay it on its side.
- Take the whole dial forward.
- Take out the four Phillips screws that secure the LCD panel to the brackets.
- Place the screen face down on the keyboard, if you have the flexibility.
- All you have to do is plug the cable into the socket.
- Carefully remove the copper strip from the screen.
- Remove the cable and detach the monitor’s video cable from the panel using the tape that is used to secure it.
- If the LCD screen needs to be replaced, remove it completely and replace it with something new.
- The model number from the original can be replaced with a new LCD panel. For my part, in this phase, I have suggested using the model number B156K01.
Video Guide: How to Disassemble HP 15
FAQs ― How to Open Hp 15 Laptop?
How do I open my HP laptop?
2) Put the laptop on its side and the bottom of the computer faces outward.
3) Slide the release switch to the right to release the battery.
4) Take out the two screws from the cover to access the hard drive.
5) Remove all the screws from the back of the door.
6) And you are Done.
How do I take the back off my HP 17 laptop?
2) Trace the perimeter of the laptop. Make sure you keep the tool in the front and the back halves of the hammerhead for the best results.
3) Pull the laptop up on its backside and remove the lid cover. Now you have full system control.
We cannot and do not guarantee that the information on this website is right. We cannot be held liable for damage done to your computer or mobile device when following the instructions in the video. Also, bear in mind that in the course of guarantee whether your laptop or other equipment is still covered by the warranty, traces are removed during disassembly. Before you disassemble your computer, make sure the warranty has expired.