To be able to keep the music playing even when your laptop lid is closed, you need to tweak the system’s default power settings and stop Windows from putting the laptop into sleep mode when you close the lid. In more precise words, you need to enable the clamshell mode on your laptop.
On Windows 10, you can quickly access and enable clamshell mode straight via the battery icon on your taskbar. However, if it doesn’t work that way, it’s still a snip as you can do this stuff via your system settings or control panel as well.
How to Keep Music Playing When Laptop is Closed Windows 10?
By default, the OS on your laptop is ordained to prompt the laptop to sleep mode whenever you close the lid. Nonetheless, you can easily tweak those settings and completely change the events that occur by closing the laptop (lid).
Here’s, step-by-step, how to keep music playing even when the laptop is closed Windows 10.
The Shortcut Method
- Right-click on the battery icon on your taskbar and select Power Options from the fly-out.
- In the next interface, navigate to Choose what closing the lid does on the left-side panel and tap on it.
- Finally, one by one tap on both the “On battery” and “Plugged in” boxes in front of When I close the lid: and toggle them from Sleep to Do nothing.
Hit the Save changes button present on the footer of that window and come out. You can now put up your headphones on and play your favorite playlist without having to be worried that the music will turn off – not even if you close the laptop.
And that’s all it requires you to do to enable the clamshell mode and make your system stay on and performing even if it’s snapped closed.
From Settings Menu
If you don’t have the battery icon on your taskbar or if due to whatever reason you can’t figure out how to do it that way, here’s the alternative method for Windows 10 users:
- Press the Windows logo + I both keys at once to open the device’s Settings menu and select System.
- Next up, navigate to Power & sleep in the left-side panel.
- Finally, move to the Additional power settings under the Related settings on the right side, and tap on it.
When the Power Options window opens up, repeat steps 2 and 3 of the previous method to get the job done.
Via Control Panel
If not both of the methods discussed above seem to work for you, try this:
- Press the Windows logo key, type “control panel” in the device’s search bar, and hit Enter to get in.
- Seek out Power Options inside the Control Panel interface and click on it.
- You can then easily tweak the close lid settings in the same manner as described previously.
No doubt, a laptop’s default settings don’t allow it to work when its lid is shut, and you can only have your laptop working till the time you are somehow staring at its screen.
That’s all fine, of course, as long as work, gaming, or binge-watching is concerned. But it hurts when you can’t even listen to your favorite music playlist without the laptop lid fully open – say during traveling, etc.
But no worries as you can easily make that happen. This article teaches you how to keep music playing when laptop is closed Windows 10 by tweaking some easiest settings within seconds. So you can, from now on, snap your laptop close and still make the music play until you turn it off yourself.
Scroll above to learn, and let me know if you did it.