Toshiba is a well-known brand that produces high-quality computers, laptops, printers, and smartphones. In a nutshell, this corporation is responsible for all IT products. Users adore Toshiba laptops just as much as they love any other product. They are available in various styles, each with its own set of unique but bright characteristics to meet the needs of different users. You cannot, however, assume that they will never make a mistake. It Fixed the failure of ports in Toshiba Satellite laptops recently. If you’re looking for How to Fix USB Ports on Toshiba Satellite Laptop as well, keep reading.
Test The Problems of USB Port:
Before you go any further, be sure it’s the port, not the device you’re connecting, that cause problem. You have to know how to troubleshoot the port to figure out which is the issue. It entails putting the port to the test. Begin by plugging the device into a different port. If it perform, the problem is in the first port; it is defective if the device stays unnoticed.
You’ll notice if there’s an issue with your port if one of these things happens:
- The device isn’t recognized.
- Your operating system shows a device-related error message (removing and replacing the device might solve this).
Other Ways To Detect The Problems Of USB Port:
In any case, you should look at the port’s condition. Is there any damage to it? Shutting down your computer or laptop is the safest approach to find out.
Take a look at the USB port next. Is it dust-free and clean? Dirt, dust, and other debris may have embedded themselves in the port. It can happen on either a laptop or a desktop computer.
Dust obstructs the airflow, resulting in overheating of your system. It’s especially harmful to laptops, as overheating can drastically diminish performance in a matter of seconds. To repair this, use compressed air to clean up the port. A vacuum cleaner could potentially be helpful in this situation.
Finally, gently wriggle a USB cord (or flash drive, whatever) about. You have an issue if the purpose is moving and feels loose, usually up and down.
How to Fix USB Ports on Toshiba Satellite Laptop?
In a moment, we’ll look at various software remedies, but first, what if your USB port is loose? Your computer’s ports are soldered to a PCB. It may be the motherboard, but it’s more likely to be a secondary printed circuit board (PCB). Ports might become moveable and even disconnected after a long period of use.
It is frequently due to the form of the connected USB devices. Older “stick” memory drives, on the other hand, are a different story. While modest Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and even new USB flash memory are unlikely to place any substantial strain on the port’s physical connection, older “stick” memory drives are. USB cables are also to blame; their size and weight serve as a lever, causing USB ports to become loose.
It’s not straightforward to replace a port on a motherboard if you feel it’s broken. On a desktop computer, you might be able to find a replacement board that can easily slip in. Do you need to know how to improve a USB port on your laptop? A soldering iron will be required.
Of course, you may take it to a professional for repair, but this will come at a cost. Make sure you know how to solder if you want to do it yourself. Check out the software fixes first if you’re not sure.
If it is your urge to know How to Fix USB Ports on Toshiba Satellite Laptop? Then follow the below mention steps:
- Visit Toshiba’s support site with the model and SKU for your Toshiba Satellite laptop to ensure you’re running the most recent BIOS revision for your specific model of Toshiba Satellite laptop.
- You can check to see if any newer revisions are available and then install them after downloading. During installation, you may be requested to uninstall the previous revision depending on your platform.
- Relocate the device in question to another accessible port on the laptop to rule out one or more ports as the source of the problem.
- Take the devices in question and plug them into the ports on a donor machine to rule out the USB ports as the source of the problem.
- To find Universal Serial Bus controllers, go to Device Manager>Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Right-click on USB Root Hub, then select Properties, then Power Management.
- You should follow the same procedure for each USB Root Hub specified under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Click the OK button.
- Restart your computer.
- If that doesn’t improve your USB ports’ behaviour, repeat steps 5 and 6, but this time uninstall everything.
- Listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers and reset your laptop.
- If the ports remain unresponsive after attempting the instructions above, turn off the laptop.
- Disconnect all of your laptop’s connections, including the AC power adapter.
- You should remove Your laptop’s battery.
- Hold the power button for minimum 30 seconds.
- If your computer has an internally mounted/sealed battery, you’ll need to cut the AC power, flip it over, and look for a pinhole for resetting the laptop underneath.
- Replace the battery and the AC power supply to test if your USB ports work again.
Is Power Setting Stop Working Of Your USB Port?
The recognition of USB devices will be affected if power management settings override your USB controller. It may look like the USB is not working, but the device has been placed to sleep by the operating system.
It is crucial if your laptop’s port isn’t working. If you want to save energy, you might have turned your Windows 10 desktop to low power mode. USB Selective Suspend is a power-saving mode that reduces battery usage by cutting power to the USB device.
Result of Restarting of Computer While USB Is Not Working?
Have you attempted to switch it off and on again? This tried-and-true method of tech help is well-known for a reason: it works!
Restart your computer with your unidentified USB device correctly placed into the suspect USB port. The USB device should be detected when the operating system has rebooted. If it does’nt start, the device manager and look at the device.
FAQs – How to Fix USB Ports on Toshiba Satellite Laptop?
What Causes USB Ports to Stop Working?
It may not recognize a USB device for a variety of reasons. It's possible that your device is broken or that there's a problem with the port itself. The computer is having trouble detecting USB devices. The USB Selective Suspend function is activated.
Is It Possible to Repair USB Ports?
It won't be dead in most circumstances, and you'll be able to cure it. Remember, if your USB port isn't working, you should: Perform a physical inspection. Make any necessary physical repairs to the port.
Why Is My Computer Not Reading My USB?
If a driver is missing, out of date, or corrupted, your computer will be unable to communicate with and recognize your hard drive. It can use Device Manager to verify the status of your USB driver. The Device Manager window will appear as a result of this action. Check the devices to see if the USB drive is listed.
Whenever your USB port is not working, you want to know How to Fix USB Ports on Toshiba Satellite Laptops? Then you can do it by simple guidance like checking it physically and trying to fix it. After that, check the device manager and uninstall the USB controller. Also, suspend the power saving option.