It might be necessary to restore your HP Compaq computer to its original state unless you’ve been affected by a virus or other malware that can’t be uninstalled.
? Note: If you have forgotten your password on compaq laptop, and you can't access it now. And because of that, you want to reset your Compaq laptop. Then wait, you should check this article for how to remove password from a Compaq laptop. This will possibly solve your problem without reseting your laptop.
At this point, you’re left with only the option of performing a complete wipe to remove the malware. Remember to create a backup of your data, as these files will be destroyed in the Compaq recovery center.
How to Factory Reset Compaq Laptop on Windows 10
Here we have explained the step-by-step guide for how to factory reset a laptop in windows 10:
- Click on Start and choose a program.
- The second step is to open the “HP System Recovery.”
- It is necessary to hit the ‘OK to reboot into recovery mode.
- Pick “Advanced” and type of recovery and click “Enter” to recover data using “Destructive” Without any intervention, this will return your PC to its original state. You will be asked to restart the machine when the installation has finished.
How do I reset my Compaq computer to factory settings windows 7?
Remove all media from the hard drive & also remove all of your recently added internal hardware. Turn your laptop on & press the F11 Key Repeatedly. Wait for a moment until the Recovery Manager Opens > Click on the System Recovery Immediately.
How to Reset Compaq Laptop to Factory Settings Windows Vista
A short process is required to resolve a problem with a Windows Vista computer: Most of these options may not require that you start the PC in Safe Mode. However, it is possible to perform a Windows Restore using the Start button.
Running System Restore from Safe Mode
It is also easier to choose one of the more open menu choices, including Safe Mode. The Windows Vista CD is not needed to follow this procedure.
It’s as simple as right-clicking on Windows and selecting Safe Mode. But it is necessary to point out that if the feature were previously disabled, the System Restore tool would not be enabled.
Run system restore:
- It’s time to get your computer BootUP.
- Let the Windows startup sequence play until the logo appears, and keep holding the F8 key until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Use “Reset with Command Prompt.”
- In the CMD, Enter “rstrui.exe” and press the enter key.
- If you need to, log in as an administrator with the administrator’s password.
- Then follow the guidelines, the quicker you’ll be done.
How to Factory Reset a Compaq Laptop Windows XP?
If you’re still running a Windows XP-based device, keep your hands off the geeks’ bleeding-edge technology.
According to NetApplications, when it was first released, Windows XP sold over 600 million copies and had around 44% of the operating system market share.
The consistent and beloved Windows XP was still on 7.04% of the computers in the world in 2017.
According to figures from Netmarketshare. When Windows 8.1 was released, it was more popular than any Mac OS X or Linux version.
Since XP spread so quickly, there is plenty of information about how to go about reinstalling Windows XP. Many of us without installation discs have other choices, but carrying an XP CD is the safest way to go.
Perform a System Reset in Windows XP
It will cost around eleven dollars and fifty cents (plus shipping) to produce the retro-design Windows CD ROMs.
Now you’ve saved that CD from being a coaster, it’s time to get back to working order with the official Windows installer. It is a step-by-step guide for the slow, natural learning process for how to factory reset a Compaq laptop:
- Use the Windows XP Setup disc to install Windows XP on your screen.
- Restart Your Laptop
- When you see the message “Press any key to boot from the CD” appear, hit any key to continue booting.
- On Windows XP, the welcome pad hit the Enter key.
- Ensure you read and understand the terms and conditions. Press “F8” to adhere to the terms and conditions (of course).
- Choose the hard drive (section) for formatting and installing Windows XP.
Since you are formatting the drive, make sure to complete all the data before proceeding. You will have to say “Yes” to install the OS, but afterward, you’ll have a system with no preinstalled programs and the same configuration as a brand-new XP machine.
So Other Identical Guides That Might Help You Out:
How to Reboot a Compaq Presario
While Compaq bought Compute Corporation in 2002, they manufacture computer lines like the Presario under their brand names, such as the Compaq.
Compaq Presario’s line consists of netbooks, tablets, and regular computers. Compaq Presario cq57 has to reboot to be released from a bug with the Windows OS, perform some diagnostics, and clear device resources until working.
For the most part, you can revert your machine to its original state in terms of safety when you turn it on by using the Safe Mode option. Rebooting a Presario works on every Windows-based device.
So read the following for how to reset the how to reset Compaq Presario cq57 or any other Compaq laptop:
On Safe Mode
1) When in doubt, turn it off and put the computer in its case.
2) Click “Start “to launch the Start Menu on the Compaq computer.
3) You must push the button to turn it off and allow it to shut down.
4) If you see the blinking prompt in the upper-right corner of the black screen, hold down the “F8” before the computer restarts in Safe Mode. A BIOS (or Basic Input/Output System Screen) will be displayed.
5) Switch on “Safe Mode” with the down arrow on your keyboard and click “Enter” on your keyboard. Your computer has rebooted in Safe Mode.
On Standard Reboot
- Resume all services, save your jobs, and exit all open applications.
- Open Start Menu > Click on Right Pointing Arrow > Locate “Shut Down” Button > Open Shutdown Menu
- Choose “Restart “From the Menu
On Hard Reset
how to reset Compaq Presario cq57 or any Compaq laptop with the hard reset? Follow these steps:
- Put your Presario to sleep by pressing the Power button.
- Disconnect all the devices from the Presario, including the power cable.
- Hold the Presario UPS on its back. Make sure your computer is upside down with the battery removed. When you want to remove the battery from a Presario, you must manually press down on the lever. There is a battery icon on the underside of the device that identifies the battery’s position.
- Go ahead and insert the battery.
- Control it by plugging it in. The screen displaying the Windows system information appears.
- After clicking on the Presario button to enter the BIOS, press the “Enter” key to boot the system.
How To Reset A Compaq Laptop? Theoretical Explanation
The proper procedure for removing a Compaq Presario machine from Service mode is to use an HP device recovery disc, followed by the on-screen instructions.
If the hard drive is no longer accessible, the device must be manually reset using HP recovery on a separate disc.
Click on the Windows “Start” on the screen, then select “Turn off computer” in the left sidebar. Click “Search” and type “Recovery manager.”
Pick ‘Next if you are asked to reinstall software or device driver. When asked if you want to perform a device restore, choose “No” and press “Yes” when offered the opportunity to reset the computer to its original factory settings.
When you are presented with another “Welcome to…” message, follow the same steps before the machine starts the process of restoration.
It is necessary to back up all critical files before proceeding, as Compaq-formatted Vista laptops automatically return to their original configuration when they’re restarted.
When the machine is restarted, have a complete reinstall of Windows and run anti-virus software and software updates before using the Internet. Then reinstall all applications and saved data files.
FAQs ― How to Factory Reset Compaq Laptop
How do I factory reset my Compaq desktop without CD?
1) The first thing you can do is to close all software or hardware programs running and unplug any peripherals attached to the machine and accessories that are not useable.
2) The system must be restarted.
3) Click on the “system recovery” options brings you to the “next” screen. Decline the option to create a restore point that appears in the Microsoft setup program and click “Next.”
How do I factory reset my Compaq computer without password?
1) Switch the machine on or restart it
2) Start your computer & continue to hold down the F10 on your keyboard until you see the Compaq logo.
3) An often-used recovery option is “Non-Destructive Recovery,” which will not erase your files. Then, click “Next” and “Yes” to begin the process.
4) First, click “Advanced” and then select “Yes.”
How do I delete everything off my Compaq laptop?
Click on the Windows icon, go to “Programs,” and open the “Accessories” folder. Click “Disk Cleanup” in the toolbar's upper-left corner and then select “Clean Windows Automatically.”
You can erase your cookies, Internet browser history, form history, and all other saved passwords, plus all the files on your device by clicking different boxes.
How do I restore my Compaq Presario CQ57 to factory settings?
Use this to wipe down a brand-new computer. The recovery console can be accessed after restarting the laptop and pressing the F11 key right away.