Nintendo Switch (NS) was the company’s game-changer. The Switch has created a craze and mostly sold a record of 55 million copies. It has helped many players respect portable consoles, and even many non-players are just playing with this portable machine.
The Switch includes a large screen with adjustable wireless joysticks for a mobile device. It also has an extensive library of games, including numerous exclusive AAA games. But the Nintendo Dock was another significant component of the success. NS is a perfect choice for transport, work, functions, etc., and have a good time on the way.
But when at home, How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch to Your Laptop? You can connect the Dock to your TV or monitor and play comfortably on a bigger screen. But actually many of us might not have a TV or monitor. We might only have a laptop for a large screen. So, can Nintendo Switch be connected to the computer?
The Switch is a gaming console launched by a Japanese corporation “Nintendo” on March 3, 2017, a portion of the gaming society since 1889, when it manufactured handmade game cards from Hanafuda. This corporation has an old and essential name and its popular release, The Switch.
The Switch is the most popular gaming console and is considered a suitable home game setup because it gives a vast display unit experience supported by your TV. People who are used to a large screen find it hard to play on the little integrated display. However, with our today’s topic is How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch to Your Laptop? Everywhere you may take your laptop with you can get a portable yet extensive Nintendo Switch display experience.
A laptop is not built for this function, but you can use it. However, certain factors are required to make this procedure work. Below I mention all your Nintendo Switch needs to connect to your laptop and utilize it as a display screen.
- Video Capturing Card.
- HDMI Cable.
- Video Capturing Software.
- The Nintendo Dock.
- Of course, a laptop and Nintendo Switch.
The central notion of Nintendo Dock is that you may play games at home on your TV by docking utilizing this tiny device. The docking unit does not give further storage or performance improvements. It is only a way of playing games on the bigger screen.
The significant part is that you don’t have to pay for this small appliance. It comes with a Nintendo switch as an extra. You can use this console-supplied Nintendo Switch dock.
Just put the Switch into the Dock, plug in a few cords, and enjoy the gaming on a bigger screen, on a smart TV in our instance. So, you have Nintendo Dock, which will help you get your screen on a laptop.
Capture CardYou needs a captured card to accomplish the operation. A capture card is utilized to capture high-definition video streams or PS4, Xbox One, or Wii games.
The pro-gamers primarily use the cards collected since they give the most excellent way to stream live and convert your old movie sources to HD formats.
A newbie might find it challenging to choose a sound capture card. We propose the Elgato Gamer capture card because it is also the best on the market and the most excellent seller.
The card offers excellent functionality and allows you to utilize the Nintendo Switch on a laptop. It has HDMI input and HDMI output ports. If you don’t want to buy the recommended capture card, check both ports before you buy.
Any HDMI cable in your house might be utilized for this purpose. The Nintendo Switch packaging is supplied with a high-quality HDMI cable; you can also use it.
The HDMI cable represents a media interface with high definition. This type of cable provides the most delicate possible high-definition audio and video signal.
The wire delivers video and audio signals with clear pictures and a multi-audio channel without compression. You need one wire to get the whole configuration of video and audio.
You need to download video-captured software and display it on your laptops. You can also use the software to stream the video live on Twitch or other similar services.
If you used software to stream videos, live before and know it, utilize it. I want to recommend OBS Studio if you use it for the first time. The software is available freely and supports all popular operating systems, including Windows, Linux, or Mac.
You may also do this using Elgato, the most common software. Elgato’s free edition allows you to capture HD movies; for the time being, we do not need premium features. Now, let’s move ahead and attach the laptop switch.
How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch to Your Laptop?
You utilize your Nintendo Switch on your laptop as a TV screen. Thus you may leave your Nintendo Switch in the Dock throughout this configuration procedure.
- Disconnect the HDMI cable of the Nintendo Switch from your TV.
- Connect the HDMI cord of the Nintendo Switch to the HDMI In the port of the Elgato HD60 Capture Card.
- This entire procedure can be high-power, so plugging your laptop and Nintendo switch dock into a power supply is a good idea.
- Open Game Capture HD on your laptop.
- Switch your Nintendo Switch console on any connected controller by pressing the Home button.
- Connect the USB cord to the capture card and your laptop to the Elgato HD60.
- You should see your Nintendo Switch home screen in Game Capture HD within a few seconds.
- If Elgato’s Game Capture HD software does not detect the Nintendo Switch, ensure that the HDMI cable is inserted into port In and not Out. It should present on the exact side of the USB cable.
- Select the fullscreen icon in the Game Capture HD upper right corner. The Application should complete the whole screen.
- Make sure you don’t touch your mouse or keyboard. The Nintendo Switch footage should expand automatically to span the whole screen. Now you may simply like on TV play your Nintendo Switch games on your laptop.
- This same technique may be used to view material from other devices with an HDMI cable, for example, a Blu-ray player or a console Xbox One.
How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch to Your Laptop Without Capture Card?
One approach is to use the console Xbox One. You can stream Nintendo Switch without a capture card on Twitch and YouTube. You have to take these steps:
- Dock your Switch Nintendo.
- To attach the gaming console to the Xbox, use a USB cord. Don’t forget to connect your laptop to the Xbox console.
- It would help if you utilized the same Wi-Fi network on laptop and console. Then start OneGuide on Xbox and turn Nintendo on.
- For more excellent quality, you can utilize an Ethernet cable.
- Start the Xbox application and select the option of the Xbox console.
- Download OBS then, run it, and enjoy games!
Streamlabs Application is also available for download. It is one of the most famous gamers streaming applications. You may go live on various platforms using this Application (YouTube, Facebook).
Furthermore, it is a convenient app, even on Android and iOS. Perhaps the best way to connect Nintendo without a capture card. To do so, follow these steps:
- Install Streamlabs on mobile phone.
- You need to connect to your YouTube or other accounts when you run the Application.
- Enable your camera and microphone.
- Choose your favorite widgets. You can add text to your stream as well.
- Go to Home Screen and Profiles Alert. Enable Default Alert.
- Select Broadcast from the Settings menu. Set the resolution of output to 720p and the expected frame to 30fps. If you have a better Internet connection, you can go higher.
- Put a tripod on mobile phone and mount Nintendo switch. Ensure that phone records edge-to-edge Nintendo Switch screen.
- Start streaming.
FAQs – How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch to Your Laptops?
Can I Use My Laptop as a Monitor for My Switch?
You may use your laptop's monitor as a TV to play your Nintendo Switch on it, so leave it in its Dock for the whole setup process. Connect the Elgato HD60 USB cable to the capture card and your laptop.
How Do I Link a Switch to My Laptop?
Start your laptop's Capture Software. Turn on the docked Nintendo Switch. Connect the Game Capture Card to your computer via USB. The Nintendo Switch Home screen will appear on your laptop in a few seconds.
How Do I Connect My Nintendo Switch to My Computer?
Open the Game Capture HD app on your computer. To begin, press “Home” on one of the controllers. Connect your laptop to Elgato. Now you can see the Nintendo Switch home screen on your device.
Can I use my laptop as a screen for my Nintendo Switch?
No, that's the quick and simple answer. There is just one HDMI connection on your laptop, so you can't use the Nintendo Switch's HDMI cable to connect it to your computer…. An HDMI-in connector on a laptop can only be found if the laptop is equipped with an integrated capture card.
Our technique to elaborate How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch to Your Laptop? has been streamlined, and anyone with basic technological knowledge may easily follow those procedures. All of this concerns prerequisites, and you can play Nintendo Switch games with a big display at several locations if you meet them all.
Finally, I hope you can use this way to have a big screen wherever you want with your Nintendo Switch. We have also proposed simplified alternative designs to utilize them if you cannot fulfill all the requirements since a Nintendo switch cannot be otherwise connected to a laptop.