Would you like to play PS4 without remote play on your laptop? Yeah, you can play PS4 on a device without a remote computer. Sony announced that Windows 10 computer has remote play functionality. However, to benefit from this feature, you need several prerequisites, including Wi-Fi connectivity to download at least 15 Mbps speeds.
But you can use a capture card to play PS4 games on your laptop without remote play if you don’t like these. If you follow the procedure, your computer monitor will be used as a PS4 monitor. So today, I’ll share How to Connect Ps4 to Laptop Without Remote Play on your laptop.
Can I play PS4 on a laptop without a remote?
You already know that the device screen can be used as a PS4 monitor without remote playback. HDMI encoders are available for Windows laptops and Macbook to use the computer as a PS4 display. However, using your laptop screen as the PS4 monitor without remote playback will decrease the image quality.
It’s not the recommended route, therefore. But people are now using a PS4 monitor with a laptop screen. You may use a capture card to perform this operation. However, to use a capture card, you must ensure that your laptop has a USB-C port, and you must have a USB-C to USB A cable compatible with USB 3.0 unless you can render a device Screen as a PS4 display using this capture card. This is a tutorial for use as a PS4 monitor for playback on a laptop computer.
How to Connect Ps4 to Laptop Without Remote Play
It’s easy, and you only need an HDMI cable and a USB-C-to-USB-A cable. Remember that the USB-C to USB-A cable must be USB 3.0.
1. Download the game capture or control center program from the official web site, depending on your capture card. For example, for this demonstration, I’m using the Elgato HD60, so I’ve downloaded the Windows Game Capture application. The Mac version can also be obtained from this page.
2. Link the PS-4 HDMI Out port to the HDMI In port on a capture card using an HDMI cable after the program is downloaded.
3. The Elgato HD60s now has a USB-C port that can carry video signals. So, with my USB-A port going to my laptop, I can plug in a USB-C cable into the capture card. This allows the notebook to power the capture card and to receive video signals from the same cable. Just plug the USB-A cable into your laptop’s USB 3.0 port.
4. Once the notebook card, and PS4 have been attached, start the Game Capture program. The application takes several seconds to initialize the card, and then video signals are approved.
The capture card recognizes the unit for the most part. If you have issues with card acceptance signals, you can set the gaming system manually. Tap on the gear icon underneath the capture card and choose the gamer as PS-4.
The best thing about this approach is to use the input device on your keyboard. It might not be an unforgettable experience, but it’s convenient if you forget about the PS4 controller back home. Since the entire processing is running on a capture card, you don’t have to have a heavy PS4 laptop.
Things to remember
- This method will not work unless you have the capture card and the necessary cable.
- You may use your keyword for input, but note that your controller’s efficiency is not the same. Yet if you don’t have your PS4 controller and play a new game, it’s fun!
- You don’t need to think about your laptop’s specs. Your PS4 takes care of the operation and does not take ownership of your notebook. It functions only as a monitor. Even a standard notebook is, therefore, lovely enough.
At first glance, please don’t worry if you feel frustrated by the specifications. It’s OK! It is a straightforward process with a one-time configuration. When you do it, you can play on the laptop without playing remotely. That’s going to take the headache away!
FAQS (How to Connect Ps4 to Laptop Without Remote Play)
How do I connect my ps4 to my laptop using HDMI?
Can you play Playstation on a laptop?
How do I connect my ps4 to my laptop Windows 10?
But now you know How to Connect Ps4 to Laptop Without Remote Play on a laptop. So you can play any games with keywords on your notebook as a ps4 display. The best thing is to enjoy the laptop keyboard as your input device. It’s not fantastic to get a remote controller often.
However, if you forget to take the controller with you, you can use the game process. Furthermore, you don’t have to use a bulky PC to play PS4 games because you are using a capture card.