Connecting your laptop to an HP Envy 4500 Printer is easier than ever when we move into the era of innovative technology. Still, it seems like translation can lose the number, colors, size, and complexity of all wiring.
Even if you think you have the connection point A to point B, it takes far more than just plug-in and out to achieve the right results.
Printing comes in two forms in our digital age: wired and wireless. We’ll walk you through How to Connect HP Envy 4500 to Laptop, computer, or handheld device.
Let’s begin. First and foremost, ensure that you removed the HP Envy 4500 Printer from the box correctly with all the items included for quick and organized assembly.
It is easy to rush through the most specific part blinded by excitement and haste and to skip the essential steps even more accessible.
Once you have all the puzzle pieces laid out and ready to configure, plug the two-stroke end of the power cable into a convenient outlet. You can turn your HP Envy 4500 Printer on automatically or press a power button to wake the machine up. That’s where we go.
How to Connect HP Envy 4500 to Laptop
- HP Envy 4500 can be connected using the name of the network or SSID and the network password, otherwise referred to as a passphrase or a WPA key.
- Place the HP Envy 4500 Printer in the wireless router range. Locate and press the power button on the printer.
- Then connect the HP Envy 4500 Printer via the network name (SSID) and password to a wireless network. Open the control panel from the Start menu or right-click on the Windows button to add the HP Envy 4500 Printer to the Windows laptop.
- Choose Printers and Devices. Then choose to Add a Printer button to the top of the window.
- Select your HP Envy 4500 Printer from the list, and it takes one minute to show up. (Select the Apple menu and choose System Preferences to add the printer to Mac.)
- Choose the option Print & Scan. Select the + button at the bottom of the printer list.
- Select a new printer from the list and connect the laptop to the wireless printer for connection to HP Envy 4500.
How to Connect a Printer Using a USB Wired Cable
You should include a USB cable, which connects directly to the tower of your computer or the body of your laptop. Depending on your system OS, your computer should inform you that there is a new connection and that a driver is required for installation to be downloaded.
If you receive this notification, follow the intuitive lead of your computer and click on the notification. It could lift you all heavily. If you have left your computer to figure it out yourself, follow these steps.
Step 1: Open windows settings
- To show the Start menu, click the Windows icon at the bottom left of your screen.
- At the bottom of the left column, you should see a gear icon linked to the window.
Step 2: Access devices
- Find and click the “Devices” icon in the first row of your Windows settings
- Select “Printers & Scanners” in the left column of the Devices window
- This new window creates a page where “Add Printer or Scanner” is the first option.
Step 3: Connect your HP Envy 4500 Printer.
- Upon clicking “Add Printer or scanner,” your connected printer should be detected by Windows via USB cable
- When your printer name appears, click and complete the installation in the instructions of your computer.
That’s it. Your HP Envy 4500 Printer should be connected and running, ready to pick up lovely pages.
How to Connect a Printer via a Wireless Network
If you want to connect a wireless printer, it may appear harder to connect, but you will be surprised to find how smooth a wired to wireless transition can be.
Step 1: Locate your settings.
- Once activated and ready for configuration, the printer must be connected to your home wifi
- Although the installation steps vary by producer, most modern printers will have an LCD screen listing the available wifi networks.
- Click around on this screen and find the setup page to adjust Wireless LAN Settings.
Step 2: Connect your wifi network.
- You will need to identify your home network service identification after accessing your LAN settings – better known as your SSID.
- By moving the mouse over the wifi icon on the bottom right of the taskbar, you can find your SSID
- You can find your SSID on the bottom or side of your router
Step 3: Complete connectivity
- You are ready to enter your network password with the selected SSID.
- Your HP Envy 4500 Printer is prepared for all printing activity once entered.
Step 4: Locate the settings of your printer.
- Click the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of your desktop to open your Windows Start menu.
- Locate the icon to your configuration(Setting) window and click on the icon “Devices.”
Step 5: Connect your printer to your computer
- You should find the “Add a Printer or Scanner” option on your “Devices” screen.
- After clicking, the name of your printer – generally with the name and model number of the manufacturer – should appear as available.
- Choose “Add device,” and your computer does the rest to complete the wireless setup.
- Print away! Print away!
How to Connect Your Handheld Devices With a Printer
It seems we are constantly attached to and rely on our favorite handheld devices to accomplish hundreds of daily tasks.
New technology, which is constantly improving, allows people to print with the touch of a finger.
Do you need to quickly transform your 6-inch screen in letters and images on an 81⁄2 x 11-inch paper sheet? We’re here to demonstrate how.
How to Connect Hp Envy 4500 to IPhone or IPad
AirPrint-enabled printers, specifically developed for Apple products, are the answer to your wireless printing wishes.
AirPrint allows you to print quality photos and documents from any of your Apple products without the need to download drivers or install printer-specific software.
Hundreds of wireless printers with AirPrint activation are already produced. Check Apple Support for compatibility of your HP Envy 4500 Printer.
Step 1: Connect to your WLAN.
- Select wifi” to view all available networks within your Apple settings
- Make sure that your iPhone/iPad and printer are connected to the same wifi network for seamless processing (This is especially important in office settings where multiple networks may be hooked up)
Step 2: Find your HP Envy 4500 Printer.
- Open the app you want to print from on your Apple device
- Once you have the right document, tap the share icon of the app
- Tap the ‘Print’ icon and select your printer from the list of shared options.
Step 3: Fulfill the job
- Your system will show a print preview page asking how you can customize your print job and how many copies you wish to make
- Once the information is finished, tap “Print,” and the job is done.
How to Connect Your Android Device to a Printer
Just as its innovative competitors are, Android technology continues to evolve and allows more freedom from computers and desktops on the go.
Google Cloud Print was designed & created to provide seamless cloud printing thanks to Google engineers.
The app can print from your Android phone or tablet and can even be downloaded on your laptop.
The app can print from your Android phone or tablet and can even be downloaded on your laptop.
Download Google Cloud Print from the Android app store to print wirelessly from their handheld devices. There are several steps to complete the printing process, but we’ll break it down for you.
Step 1: Add your Google Cloud Print printer
- Start Google Chrome on your PC
- Click on the three stacked points in the top right corner of the browser window
- Click “Setting”
- Click “Advanced Settings” and scroll down the Settings page.
- Click on “Google Cloud Print” and scroll down to print.
- Click on “Cloud Print Devices Management”
- Click “Add Printers” in the new window
- Select the Wireless Printer Name after your printer is activated
Step 2: Download the App “Google Cloud Print.
- Start the play store from the home screen of your device.
- Type “Cloud Print” into the search field Play Store
- Select Google Inc.’s Cloud Print and install the app
Step 3: Print your equipment
- Open the file from your device you want to print (This could be located in your Photos, Email, Docs, etc.)
- Tap the top right of the selected document, the three stacked dots, and select “Print.”
- Choose the printer and tap the printer icon to complete the job.
How to Connect Hp Envy 4500 to Mac
- Get the name and password of the network before you start the wifi connection.
- Check if the router activates the computer via an Internet connection.
- Make sure you connect the printer to HP Envy 4500 using the same network.
- Open the computer browser website.
- Select the Driver Download button on the web page.
- Wait until the system is downloaded.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- If the computer prompts you, use the network name and password.
- Select the name of the printer from the Print Using menu.
- Return to the HP installer screen for successful installation in the remaining steps.
Troubleshooting Solutions to Common Printer Connection Problems
I Can’t Find My Printer on My Computer, What Can I Do?
It is usually the case with older printer models which are not compatible with the current operating system of your computer.
If your Windows machine does not recognize your printer, return under your Windows settings to your “Devices” tab. To search your computer again, click on “Add Printers & Scanners.”
If it doesn’t still appear, an option should be displayed under the “Refresh” button, which reads, “The printer I want is not displayed.” The integrated Windows Troubleshooting Guide will take over and search for linked printers that are available.
Once located, Windows provides the appropriate driver for the completion of the installation to download.
If your problem resolver cannot connect your printer yet, turn to the website of your printer manufacturer to see why the connection is wrong.
I can’t install the printer software on my computer, what do I do?
Technology can be extremely fussy, especially when it is brand new and you hope things will work smoothly. If your computer does not react to your new printer connection by prompting the printer software installation, this is an easy remedy.
Sometimes it takes only a little direct connection to fire things up. Your printer should be packed with a USB cable, whether it’s a wireless or a wired printer.
Plug the cable into your printer and the USB port of your computer. Direct connection should trigger your computer to recognize the printer and start the installation software.
Make sure you have the automatic device installation enabled if your computer is not yet responsive. To confirm or update your settings, follow these steps.
Step 1: Access your control panel.
Use your Cortana search system to find your control panel on the right of your Windows start menu, just by typing “control panel.”
Step 2: Locate device installation settings.
Typer in search bar “change device installation settings” in your control panel window. A printer icon next to it will pop up to allow you to modify your installation settings.
Step 3: Update your settings.
A new window will show if you want Windows to download driver software and realistic icons for your devices if you click on the “change device installation settings.” Click “Yes,” save the modifications, and you’re all set!
FAQs ― How to Connect HP Envy 4500 to Laptop
How do I find my HP Envy 4500 IP address?
1) Open Control Panel > Sound and Hardware > Printers and Displays.
2) Click the printer right-click and select Properties.
3) A mini window with multiple sets of tabs will appear.
4) Look for your IP address in the Web Services tab if only three tabs appear.
How do I connect my HP Envy 4502 to my laptop?
You need to connect the USB cable to your HP Envy 4502 printer for wireless installation with a USB connection. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the HP Envy 4502 printer wireless network setup.
Does HP ENVY 4500 printer work with Windows 10?
The HP ENVY 4500 e-All-In-One Printer contains the full feature software and drivers HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer series.
Is HP 4500 a wireless printer?
How to set up the 4500 Wireless Printer and USB HP Office Jet… The HP OfficeJet 4500 can be connected both via USB and wireless.
Why is my HP Envy printer not connecting to WiFi?
To begin, conduct a network hard reset on all of the devices that are connected to it, including the printer, router, computer, and any others. Turn off all of your networked devices, including your PC, smartphones, printer, modem, and router, if any are present. Be certain to unplug or switch off all of the devices on the network.