It used to be that in order to watch a DVD on your TV, you had to either buy an expensive DVD player or find some way to connect your laptop to the TV.
However, nowadays you can simply watch a movie through your laptop or computer without having to worry about any physical disc or players to work with.
But what if, even in today’s day and age you had a DVD that you want to watch on your television, but don’t want to get up and change the input? Or maybe you’re at a friend’s house and they want to watch a movie, but don’t have a DVD player.
Never fear – chrome casting from your laptop is here and surprisingly You’re in luck because it’s incredibly easy you just need to have the right tools.
In just a few easy steps, you can be watching your favorite film or show on the big screen in no time. So fire up your laptop and grab some popcorn because get ready to watch those movies on the big screen
With this easy how-to guide, you’ll be able to Chromecast any DVD from your laptop in just a few minutes.
Things You Need To Gather First
You’ll need a few things before you get started
- A laptop with an HDMI port
- A Chromecast device
- The Google Home app
- DVD player software (VLC media player is a good option)
With those things in hand, you’re ready to get started!
Steps On How To Chromecast A Dvd From Laptop
- Open the DVD player software on your laptop. We’re using a VLC media player for this example
- Select the ‘Open Disc’ option from the File menu.
- In the ‘Open Media’ window that appears, select the ‘Disc’ tab.
- In the ‘Disc Device’ drop-down menu, select your DVD drive. If you’re not sure which one it is, just try each one until you find the right one!
- Click the ‘Play’ button. Your DVD should start playing on your laptop’s screen.
- Now it’s time to set up your Chromecast. Plug it into an HDMI port on your TV, and then open the Google Home app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap the ‘Add’ button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the ‘Set up device’ option.
- Choose the ‘Have something already set up?’ option.
- Select your Chromecast device from the list of devices that appears on the screen. If you’re not sure which one it is, just look for the one with the same name as your TV!
- Once your Chromecast is set up, go back to the VLC media player on your laptop.
- Click the ‘Cast’ button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Select your Chromecast device from the list that appears.
- That’s it! Your DVD should now be playing on your TV screen thanks to your Chromecast. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!
What if my DVD files arent compatible with Chromecast?
No problem! You can use a free program like Handbrake or any other video converter tool to convert your DVD files into a format that Chromecast can understand. Here is how:
- Download and install Handbrake on your computer.
- Launch the program and click the “Source” button in the upper-left corner of the window.
- Select the “DVD Drive” option from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click the “Browse” button next to the “Destination” field.
- Choose a location for the converted file and then click the “Save” button.
- Make sure that the “MP4” option is selected in the “Format” drop-down menu and then click the “Start Encode” button in the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Wait for the conversion process to complete and then open the converted file in your media player of choice.
- Follow the steps above to Chromecast your DVD!
I hope you don’t have to worry anymore about how to Chromecast a DVD from a laptop because as you can see, it’s easy to Chromecast a DVD from your laptop.
With just a few simple steps, you can be watching your favorite movies and TV shows on the big screen in no time. So grab your laptop and your Chromecast device and get started today!
As always, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out to us on social media or through our website. We’re always happy to help!